Thursday, October 23, 2008

Master Thesis Presentation


Today I needed a bunch of images for the 40-minute presentation on my master thesis that I will be doing along with Frederik on the 28th of october.

We managed to get hold of the Schunk prototype gripper for the photo session, but unfortunately it wasn't mounted on any robot. Therefore we will only be using some manipulated closeups (trying to remove the fingers of Frederik holding the hand :) )

I'm still a beginner at using my Nikon D40 SLR, and getting some decent shots proved to be difficult since the lighting wasn't very good. With shutter speeds around 1/60 for the ambient lighting I had to go for flash shots, and with only the built-in available alot of reflection was evident.

For the presentation we have gone with using the Beamer class. It gives some very nice looking slides, and the author provides some nice tips on doing presentations in the manual.

There's still a few buys days left, but the end is near!

No comments: